How to Beat the Cowboys and Gain Piece of Mind
Can all the Driveway Contractors you are seeing answer ‘Yes’ to all of the following questions?
- Are they registered Natural Paving Approved Contractors?
- Are they registered Brett Approved Contractors?
- Are they registered Marshalls Approved Contractors?
- Are they registered Bradstone Approved Contractors?
- Are they registered Interlay Members?
- Are they Checkatrade Approved Members?
- Will they give you a 10 Year Manufacturer Backed Guarantee?
- If using block paving will they use 60mm thick or above branded paving?
- Will they be using a ground stabilizer membrane?
- Will they be using (MOT Type 1 materials) sub-base and not crushed Tarmac?
- Will all the outer edges, which are not restrained, be concreted in first (and not last)?
- Will each stage of the drive construction be consolidated down using a Bomag compacter not a wacker plate?
- Will a full scale CAD drawing be provided for the work that will be carried out?
- Will they provide material samples?
- Do they have Full Public Liability Insurance? You as the owner will be liable if they do not.
- Are workers employed or sub contractors? D.Plumridge workers are all employed and qualified.
Only D.Plumridge can say “YES” to all of the above and provide a Total peace of Mind Guarantee Package with your Driveway, Patio or Path installation.
See below for some example of poor workmanship carried out by Cowboys.